Dear Little one, who is outgrowing my lap pretty quickly, Happy Fifth Birthday.
I know, I am a bit late in writing this letter to you but blame it partially on you because damn, the energy you have all day long drains me dead by tonight (shhh, don’t tell anyone but your mommy’s middle name is procrastination). There is so much to write and so much to convey to you that my hands and mind are not in sync. Phew, let’s take a deep breath and channelize one thought at a time:
- You have started with learning consonant & vowel sounds in school and absolutely hate writing Hindi. Oh, the activities that are messy are your favorite.
- The pandemic has made us all a bit lazy but you, my girl, have double the energy. This year out of the blue, you fell in love with drinking milk with chocolate syrup and I can’t be more proud to show off what a great mom I am that my kid drinks milk happily (*Typical Indian mom*).
- Your love for pink is diminishing and purple & black seems to be the new hot colors of this year. The dresses in pink are not that interesting anymore and you are in absolute love with this year’s birthday dress. To be honest, we all are J
- The storytelling and singing songs *especially in Hindi*(with no lyrics that have ever been written by any lyricist in Bollywood) are your favorite nowadays. Your love for non-stop talking is keeping us amused and tired, both.
- Did I tell you that you are mesmerized by your own hair so much that we are planning to buy a full-size mirror for your room? You absolutely love these tresses of yours but combing it, is a nightmare for me *tangled hair, every morning, is an understatement, I swear*.
- You are very vocal with your choices now and I am glad you understand people’s emotions so well. You pinpoint when someone being rude to another persona and full of so much compassion that this mama can’t stop gushing about it.
- This year, we have gifted you a piano with a MICROPHONE and I swear, I regret my decision now because you are learning to make a “storm-sound” in a full volume with it. As far as the piano is concerned, well, we both are equally noisy and so not in rhythm.
- You love being around people but just like your mom, get bored pretty easily and needs all attention back on you.
- This year we spent almost a month with your grandparents of both families and they all love you to the moon and back. Chikku DI and Ishi Di are now your best buddies.
I can’t end this letter without mentioning your love for paints, drawing, and colors. At this moment, your color box is overflowing with colors of all kinds, and yet you keep on insisting to buy more. Oh, you draw the prettiest houses and clouds (I have saved a few of your masterpieces in a diary). This year you wanted a mermaid theme party and while due to lockdown we couldn’t invite your friends, we still managed to throw you a birthday party which you absolutely loved.
This pandemic has hit us all hard but your giggles are making it bearable for all of us. I told you this list is going to be never-ending, so keeping in mind time, I will put a pause here. You are the reason for our smiles little one and never forget that our love for you keeps growing in abundance with each passing day.
Hope one day you read this letter and realize how precious you are.
Happy Birthday my beautiful child.
If you liked reading this, then please do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Have you checked our parenting zone or recipe section? Also, if you like my work, don’t forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM.