After much planning, canceling, and re-planning we finally managed to go on our first trip of the year. If we make a list of things that I missed the most last year then traveling would definitely top the chart. A trip to the mountains felt like a breath of fresh air after months of being confined within the four walls of our house. We discussed a couple of destinations and then zeroed on “Rattapani Rishikesh”.
Place: Rattapani Resort in Rishikesh
Distance from Delhi: 258 Kilometers
Why did we decide to go to Rattapani?
- It is easy to drive there and gives us a chance to avoid public transportation. Even though lockdown is being eased, we still need to continue with our precautionary measures,
- The weather was pleasant there and the resort has one of the best locations that I have seen so far.
- We left our place at 8:00 a.m. and reached there by 3;00 p.m. It is just a few kilometers ahead of Rishikesh.
- The rental of properties is not heavy on your pocket and the hospitality of the staff is phenomenal.
- The resort follows all precautionary measures, doesn’t keep all the cottages occupied with guests which gave us a chance to stay away from crowded places.
- Just next to our cottage was a beautiful river, the scenic beauty of this place took our breath away.
- The place is full of beautiful, colorful, and gorgeous birds which made this place all the more special.
How did we manage a seven-hour drive with our four-year-old?
- We prepared a small activity bag for her that had: a coloring kit, small toys, hand puppets, and a small book.
- We took a few pit stops whenever she felt a bit uncomfortable or needed to walk a little.
- Homecooked food was our savior and we also packed packets of snacks for munching.
- Layered clothing helped a lot and we took out or wore another layer as the temperature kept changing on mountains.
The plan was made within a week and we thankfully found the resort filling all our requirements. Making sure to get the car insured and contacting a personal injury attorney before leaving for a trip is a must. My four-year-old was the happiest and her excitement was on another level. Watching her enjoy the natural beauty of the place was worth all the efforts of traveling.
I am glad we decided to visit this place, the location of this resort brought the brightest smile on my face. We went on this trip with our friends and they have a kid the same age as my little one. She thoroughly enjoyed the trip, the open playing ground gave her a chance to run, jump, roll, or whatnot, which she missed the most back in our high-rise apartment. The food at this place was lip-smackingly good. The staff was really good and made sure all our needs were met without any hassles.
What to carry in your bag?
- Well, we went during the winter season so carrying woolens were a must. However, this place was less cold than Delhi. Make sure to check the weather forecast before leaving.
- Make sure to pack comfortable shoes and keep an extra pair if you enjoy water sports.
- Lather yourself up with sunscreen because the sunrays the mountains is really harsh.
- Carry toiletries of your choice because finding one would be a task at this place as it is quite secluded from the market area.
- Playing loud music is not allowed however, you can carry small speakers if you enjoy listening to music in your room.
- This resort is not lavish and doesn’t have an extension to call the room-service but it has everything to make your trip unforgettable with its scenic beauty and natural treasures.
- Carry your favorite book and forget about social media because the internet doesn’t really work here.
I understand most of us must have been craving for travels and trips but don’t forget to follow all the precautionary measures and keep yourself as well as others safe 🙂 For more details of this resort, you can check their resort here.
If you liked reading this, then please do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Have you checked our parenting zone or recipe section? Also, if you like my work, don’t forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM.