If you are a newbie when it comes to these tech-related topics then don’t worry mama, I got you. We try to explain these in layman terms for everyone to understand them better. Before we dive into the discussion of how to sell on this platform let’s start by understanding what is Google Cloud platform.
What is Google Cloud Platform?
Google Cloud Platform is a suite of cloud computing services that runs on the same infrastructure that Google uses internally for its end-user products. It is a provider of computing resources for deploying and operating applications on the web. You use a cloud platform when you want the services you present to your users, your customers, or your fellow employees to be an application as opposed to a website.
This platform is a public cloud-based machine. The services of this platform are delivered to customers on a pay-as-you-go basis by way of a service component. Google Cloud Platform offers a wide range of managed database services across relational and non-relational workloads.
What is Google Cloud Marketplace?
GCP Marketplace is a procurement platform where enterprises can find, deploy, and manage production-ready solutions built by commercial partners, open-source projects, and Google. Google Cloud Marketplace provides a way to launch common software packages and stacks on Compute Engine with just a few clicks. This GC marketplace lets you quickly deploy functional software packages that run on Google Cloud.
Even if an individual is not familiar with a few services like Compute Engine or Cloud storage, still can start up a familiar software package without manually configuring the software, virtual machine (VM) instances, storage, or network settings. One can deploy a software package now, and scale that deployment later when the apps require additional capacity.
Why Sell on GCP?
- A public cloud lets you leverage its resources in order to empower the different applications you build not only that, but it also helps you in reaching the broader base of customers.
- Its primary service model is based on the development and deployment of more modern, containerized applications.
- GCP’s specialty is providing a place for individuals and enterprises to build and run the software, and it uses the web to connect to the users of that software.
- GCP offers many steps by step examples of doing many of the most common tasks.
- Google’s strategy with GCP is to enable cost competitiveness in certain ways, like, this offers a lifecycle manager for its object data storage and that enables the offloading or deletion of objects which have not been used for 30 days or more.
Hope this has helped you in understanding GCP and its marketplace just a tad bit better. The post took some reference points on this topic from here.
If you liked reading this, then please do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Have you checked our parenting zone or recipe section? Also, if you like my work, don’t forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM.