I don’t think, for a very long time any of my blogs would start without mentioning the word “Pandemic” or “Covid19”. Every time I decide to pen down my thoughts the first thing that comes to mind is that things would have been way different had this Virus didn’t hit us right in the gut.
However, we learn to live & survive in the weirdest of the time and hope that we learn from our mistakes.
After being locked within four walls for months, stepping out of the house for an outing felt like a breath of fresh air with a hint of cottony-smell of my mask (masks are a must). This trip took place a couple of months ago. As my parents were visiting us for a month, we decided to go for a one day picnic. After looking at so many places and weighing our options we narrowed down on one destination “Pratap Garh farms and resort”. It is two hours drive from our place and we left early in the morning.
Destination: Pratap Garh farms and resort
From Noida to the destination: 2 hours 13 minutes
Do you remember when we were kids how pepped up we use to get with just listening to the term “picnic”? Well, the roles are reversed and now parents were more stoked than me for this trip and I kept on planning what all to carry.
Here are a few things from my end to make your picnic all the more fun with your loved ones:
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes. As the area is quite huge and walking is the only option. There are tons of sports too, such as badminton or
- Wear comfortable clothes and prepare an extra pair if you plan to attend the rain dance or some sports activities.
- The ticket price for adults is 1200/- however, they often run some discounts (we got the tickets for 980/- per person) on these prices. Kids below five years of age get to enjoy free entry.
- Food is taken care of by the people running the resort and it is worth your money. They have a different course of meals throughout the day and we found the taste pleasing to our taste buds.
- Carry some snacks or beverages for your little ones as that would not be available within the premises or nearby places.
- It is an open space and has maximum exposure to sunlight, plan your trip accordingly. We suggest visiting the place in early winters or late summers 🙂
The place is definitely away from the humdrum for metro city’s noises which was a pleasant change for us. It gives that rustic village vibes and has so many things to keep all of us engaged. As my little one was busy taking pottery lessons, my siblings found a place to enjoy badminton. Maa and papa sat in the mid of the green fields while my husband and I went for a walk in the beautiful garden.
The resort is also an ideal place for throwing a surprise party for adults or younger ones. There was a DJ as well, however, none of us were keen on exploring that part of the place. The staff was extremely courteous and welcomed us with a smile at every corner of the resort that we visited. Well, to my surprise that had a trampoline for adults too and also, carrom tables with a warm cup of tea.
Overall, I was happy that we decided to visit this place. We spent our picnic laughing, smiling, chit-chatting, and eating the delicious food delicacies :).
A day spent well with the whole family is indeed a beautiful day.
If you liked reading this, then please do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter. Have you checked our parenting zone or recipe section? Also, if you like my work, don’t forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM.