Once my daughter was born, I became more observant and began to notice things around me better. Rashes, rough hair, dry skin, and whitish marks on the baby’s washed clothes …do these sound familiar?
If yes, then you too are facing the troubles of hard water as I did a few months ago. I stay in a beautiful apartment in a metro city and when these problems started to show, I never thought it could be due to something that seems so harmless – ‘the water’ we use daily for various purposes.
It’s not that the problem wasn’t there earlier, but once you become a mother, you start paying a bit more attention to everything related to your little one. With a baby at home, there are a lot of things for which water is required. Whether it is for bathing or washing the baby’s clothes, bedding, bottles, etc., hard water is harsh. A simple solution, KENT water softener, solves all hard water problems.
Here are a few signs of Hard Water troubles that I was facing on a regular basis:
- My little one was born with beautiful curly, hair but after every wash, I could feel the hair becoming rougher.
- I could see light pinkish rashes after I cleaned the diaper area with clean water.
- The liquid detergent I was using to wash my little one’s feeding bottle wasn’t lathering much.
- The baby’s skin felt a little dry after a wash even though I wasn’t using any products on her.
- The clothes would have sticky white marks even when I washed them twice.
- Yellow stains on the tiles of the washroom or kitchen sink, even though these get cleaned regularly.
1. What is hard water?
Hard water is caused by dissolved mineral salts like calcium and magnesium. The degree of hardness increases as the calcium and magnesium content increases in water.
2. How does hard water affect your baby’s skin?
Human skin pH is normally acidic, but hard water has high alkalinity. This means that it can raise the pH of the skin surface, damaging the skin barrier and leaving it exposed to pathogenic bacteria.
The minerals present in hard water can cause diaper rashes and dryness leading to cracked skin.
This is a sponsored post by KENT water softener but all views are mine. I have personally used the products and reviewed them on my experience.